Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dress Your Neck


People that know me, know that when it comes to accessories I'm more of a chunky bracelets kind of girl. Ie: how it came about me making my own line of beaded charm bracelets. Post?? Anyway, I love stacking tons of cool bracelets on my wrists. My bff and I simply just call it "the wrists". We think of it as dressing up our wrists. It's corny but we love it. Plus when we were abroad we would buy tons of leather braided bracelets from the market outside our school and switch it up practically every week. (My favorite one I bought was this leather leopard print one with red sprakles.) Even our neighbors in our building (miss you neighbs) asked us one day to take them to the market to dress up their wrists. It was so cute and we were very flattered.

But for the last few weeks I've been sticking to my usual wrist dress up: gold Swatch watch, the many different color combos of my beaded charm bracelets, and this fleur de lis link bracelet I stole from my mom. (It gives off this motor-chic vibe.) But the reason I've been sticking to this combo is because I've been having some fun dressing up my neck. Everyday I wear my white gold 'ALEXA' name plate that I got years ago inspired by the Carrie necklace. My mom got it specially made for me with tiny diamonds in the 'x' to assure that no one else has it. I never take it off.

Although, I have to admit, I've been having so much fun browsing through all these amazing close to the neck necklaces. I don't really like the long layered look, it just was never my thing. But I have finally taken off my Alexa name plate because I've been buying such cute necklaces. I bought this one a few months back. Forever21 seems to have totally jumped on the bandwagon of close to the neck necklaces. I found a bunch that I'm going to order, like this and this. Adorable and affordable. (Including above pic.) Even if they don't last long, you won't feel guilty.

In the end my nameplate kicks any of these necklaces to the curb but that's because it has meaning to me. However, I'm definitely loving playing dress up on my neck for the time being.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh thats a fabulous statement necklace! Yea, F21 definitely has some cheap jewelry hehe =)

    ReplyDelete