Saturday, April 25, 2009

Suckers

I'm a sucker for sunglasses. I'm a sucker for really cool ads. I'm admittedly a sucker for Twilight. Admiring Karen Walker's latest ad for her new line of sunglasses...major sucker. Seriously the new ad is genius. It totally jumps on the vampire-loving bandwagon while selling its product. I love it. Yes I may have a slight obsession with Edward Cullen, but I don't care this ad absolutely catches my attention and sucked me right in. (No pun intended...well maybe just a little.)

A great ad like this one serves as fashion inspiration for me. I love flipping through magazines admiring the pages. And this one is definitely getting top billing in my book. An ad is not only there for you to look at but it has to successfully sell the product. Hello, how else are they going to make money to keep creating these awesome pictorials?!

I'm actually on the hunt for a new pair of sunglasses, but can't seem to give up my favorite Rayban Wayfarers. I have a bunch of different styles in my sunglasses collection, but I always seem to go back to my Raybans. Karen Walker's line definitely offers a new alternative yet somehow still resembles the famous Wayfarers. Like these Deep Freeze in Milky Pink. So cute. They're another way to add some color into my wardrobe. Plus they're at a reasonable price. That's another thing, I think, like jeans, sunglasses should be more about quality rather than quantity. They should shape your face and enhance your features.

What are some of your inspirational ads? Maybe now you'll pay a little more attention to some of the ads out there if you haven't already. Even if you don't go out and buy everything they endorse, they are fun to look at. Especially when they include fangs.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment