Saturday, April 11, 2009

If My Feet Could Talk...


...they'd say 'Give Me! Give Me! Give Me!'. What exactly do they (and I) want? Keeping up with the fringe trend, I've been craving Alexander Wang's Alexis Fringe Boots. Mmm, they're delicious. I want, I need, I can't live without. But wait, hold on. Yeah I may want, need, can't live without them, but my wallet says otherwise. Every time I take out my credit card to make a purchase I can almost hear the card mocking me, saying 'You can't afford these!'. And now with these Alex Wang bad boys I know for sure that my card will be screaming bloody murder for me to put my card back in its place. Especially since the Wang boots run for nearly $600.

But I still feel like I need to get my fix on these fabulous boots and thankfully for my bank accounts' sake Forever21 has created a similar boot at a fraction of the cost. The picture above is of the Wang boot and Forever21's take on it. Can you tell which is which? Pretty similar, right? The left is Alexander Wang's Alexis boot and the right is Forever21's take on it.

Now wait, I'm not usually one for a knock-off, but when it comes to something that's as trendy as these boots I can't help but rather pay only $34.90. The Forever21 boots will probably only survive a couple of wears, but it's worth it considering that these fringe boots will most likely be "so last season" in a couple of months and all I'll remember is that I paid $600 on a pair of boots I've only worn 2 or 3 times. I think I'll stick with the Forever21 boots. Bonus: the Forever21 boots are a few inches shorter. At the end of the day my feet will be thanking me.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment